Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I had the shingles-- and it sucked!

Right after I got back from my Wombat moon I woke up the next day and had blisters on my forehead and a crazy headache. I tried to shake it off, but I kept having terrible headaches. So, I went to the doctor and found out I had the shingles.

In case you have never had the shingles-- it sucks. I had the worst headaches and then shooting and blistering pain in my head, face, and eyes. I had a prescription and pain pills, but nothing was touching the level of pain. I tried to keep working, but it was exhausting and so after a week of being miserable I went to doing half days. I think I was able to convince my boss to let me do half days because I was having such terrible shooting pain in my head that it killed me to touch my head-- so my hair was a mess! So, basically for two weeks I would-- go to work, take literally 30 pills a day, come home cry my eyes out, fall asleep, eat, and repeat. It was awful. I am lucky that I only felt terrible for 2 weeks, after that all my symptoms went away and I have been feeling good since then. I am glad that it is all over. Shingles. AWFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment