Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What I've been up to:Getting certified in Social Media Marketing

I have been considering going back to school to take some special classes in marketing or design. So, last Wednesday I contacted someone at Drury to find out class schedules for the next semester, and while talking to a lady she mentioned they had a social marketing certification masters class. The next session would start the following week. I was blown away, I had been thinking about taking something like that, but did not know where I would find one around here. I then checked and found out that my work would pay for me to take this class, as it will help the company expand it marketing assistance. This was all too good to be true! So, Monday I had my boss sign off on my taking the class and contacted someone to register to Drury so I could then sign up for my class. I was concerned with only having 2 days to get the paperwork done for my class, when I called a representative in the masters office I found out I only had one day. The class was starting TOMORROW!! WHAT?! She sent over paperwork and I faxed it right back. BAM-- in about 15 minutes it was all done.

I have been super nervous about going back to school for some reason. I know it is going to be ok, but I just freak myself out about that kind of stuff. I was always a good student and I am capable of handling the work load.  So, I had my first class last night and it went well. I think it is going to be really good and I am going to learn a lot! I am investing in my future and it is scary and exciting! So, I am hoping on the social media bandwagon. YEHAW!



No comments:

Post a Comment