Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A moment to pay tribute

As I celebrated my birthday and accept all the warm wishes from all of you I would like to take a minute to look back a year and take a moment to reflect on something very close to my heart right now.  As you know I don't like to talk about emotional things, but in the last week this has been very heavy on my mind and I would like to share it with you-- my faithful blog followers.        
                                                              

Last year on birthday my Grandpa Tanner passed away. It was one of the hardest experiences of my life. Yes, we all knew that day was coming, but actually having him pass was very hard on my family. To say that my grandpa was a good man is simply an understatement. He was kind, Godly man who was always there to give you an encouraging word, and a slightly over zealous pat on the cheek. Since his passing I have had a lot of time to reflect on the impact that he had on my life. I honestly believe that I would not be the person I am today without him.
  • He taught me to always trust in God's timing and plans, even when it doesn't seem like it makes sense.
  • He taught me its ok to cry
  • He took me fishing and was always patient
  • He taught me to play golf and encouraged my random interests
  • He always told me I was a very special girl and he knew I could do whatever I put my mind to.
So, I would like to take a brief moment to pause and pay a tribute to a very wonderful man who made such a difference in the lives of others, and was a good role model for those who knew him. He was loved and is dearly missed.






No comments:

Post a Comment