Sunday, February 6, 2011

My 25 things to do while I am 25 list

There are several things that anyone who knows me very well will tell you.
1. I like lists-- rather compulsive about list making to be exact
2. I love random adventures

3. I REALLY love birthdays

So, I wanted to do something special to celebrate my 25th birthday and so I have taken suggestions from guests at my birthday party and from loved ones and compiled my list of 25 things to do over the course of the year. Just so you know, the suggestions ranked from mildly humorous to wildly offensive. I got a good laugh that is for sure. God bless the strange and wonderful people who I surround myself with! Over the next year I will blog and chronicle accomplishing these tasks on my list.
Since I am officially 25-- as of a couple of minutes ago I will share this list-- These items are in no particular order.

25 Things to do while 25!

1. Kiss a stranger

2. Try out for a play/musical

3. Go on a blind date/try speed dating

4. Dye/Highlight my hair

5. Zipline in Branson

6. Paint a piece of art work for my house

7. Get CPR certified

8. Pick up the tab for a stranger- double points if it is someone in need

9. Crash a wedding

10. Get a Brazilian wax/Double points if I scream Kelly Clarkson while its being done.

11. Visit another country/Go see Meagan

12. Try out for a reality show

13. Go on a float trip

14. Make sushi

15. Go skinny dipping

16. Have a spa day- the whole works

17. Play Bingo with Senior Citizens

18. Serve a meal at a soup kitchen

19. Bake from scratch a pie/bread/rolls. Triple points if I can do all 3.

20. Send hand written letters to 25 people.

21. Take a spur of the moment road trip adventure

22. Write a letter to someone famous-Oprah, Obama,etc. Ask for a signed picture or a Christmas card.

23. Go golfing with Andrew (he offered lessons) or my dad

24. Buy some new fun fish—choose a special one and name it Katie Couric.

25. Buy myself something very expensive- Shoes/Piece of Jewelry. Who said a girl can’t do something nice for herself right?

3 comments:

  1. Your lists are amazing. Some of these I would love to join, other ones... I just want to hear the stories :D

    And a few, I can help:
    #14 I have a cookbook and sushi kit that has yet to be used. What better way?!

    #15 This is a glorious adventure in life. I don't know where to properly execute it here, but it must be done!

    #18 Every Saturday from 10:30 am to 2 pm is Inner City Outreach. We serve a hot meal and have a grocery distribution. Let me know if/when you would like to join :D

    #19 SO much fun to do! I would love to help you with this, but promise to be a fly on the wall so as to give you full credit.

    #20 My address is 1517 S. Lovers Ln, Springfield, MO 65804 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE them! :) Make sure you take pictures to document!

    -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. In retrospect, there are a few of these you may not want to have photographic documentation for........ahem! #10/15

    Hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete