Thursday, August 26, 2010

Day 26:Lighten up!

Today I woke up an my allergies were making me crazy! My eyes were burning, my throat felt dry, and my stomach was queezy. I had not slept well so I was still kind of tired and felt fluish. I hop out of bed and immediatly was running late for work. Normally I pick out my clothes for the next day the night before, but I was having one of those mornings where I couldn't decide what to wear or do with my hair. So, I just kind of threw it all together, not convinced it was cute but really needing to get to work. So, I finally get to the office and walk in to talk to Nathan for a minute when I look down and there is a 3-4 inch hile in the side of my pants. I was looking at my mid-thigh region-- What the What!?!

For once, my crazy girl scout kills came in handy, because I keep a min sewing kit in my desk. So, I go into the office bathroom and take my pants off to sew them. All of a sudden I catch a glimpse of myself. My hair all curly and crazy--glasses-- and I am standing in my underpants at work trying to pull myself back together. I just started laughing-- I am a MESS! I got the pants all fixed and continued my day, but that was pretty much how the day went.

Later in the day, a customer called wanting some specific info about his account, which I could not give him. I tried to explain this to him and he did not want to listen to what I had to say so I told him I would transfer him to someone else if that would make him any happier. So, I patched him to someone else and moved on with the project I was working on. About 10 minutes later I notice my phone is blinking with a message. I listen to it and all it says is-- You have got to F****** kiddin me? For some reason, that really cracked me up! I was sorry he was upset, but I am just perplexed why he left a message. If you were annoyed eithier hang up or leave an entire message for someone to respond to. I think my lack of sleep may have contributed to finding that humerous but none the less I got a big kick out of it.

Today's life lesson-- Lighten up! Sometimes we take ourselves too seriously. Not every decision is life or death and there are moments that we are all kind of a mess. People who appear to have it all probably have assistants or staff to make it all run that way, and at the end of the night they are just as crazed as the rest of us. Embrace the silly moments in life. Do your best and learn when to fight and when to just laugh it off. Here are two of the pictures I took of the whole morning ordeal with my phone. The first is my crazy patch job of my pants and the second is me smiling it out!



Lots of Love,
ASH


No comments:

Post a Comment