Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 29: The Atan guide to beauty

As many of you know-- I love beauty products and read fashion magazines like it is a second job. If they would allow it, I would just live in Sephora. With this I always like to learn about new products that are both inexpensive and effective. Here is my guide to beauty products on the cheap--

1.Wet n Wild Liquid Felt Tip Eyeliner
    I have people ask me about how I do the wing-tip eyes. This is my secret to having the perfect cat eye (the little flip on the edge)  I use a regular pencil eyeliner for my entire eye then take the liquid felt tip and brush it out of the corner of my eye. It is less than $3 and it is water proof and lasts and lasts!












2.Colgate Wisps
    As someone who is obsessed with white teeth I am obsessed with these handy little brushes. I keep them in my purse and they are great to feel refreshed after a long day or before you meet up someone. I especially love the whitening ones. For a pack of 2 it is under $2. These make my teeth feel great and my mouth feel fresh!












3. Freeman's Clay Mask
    I love face masks. They make my skin feel so soft and pretty after I use it. I enjoy the Avacado and Oatmeal mask by Freemans. This brand is cheap, smells great, and is easy to use. Squeeze a small amount into your fingers apply to your face and let dry. After it drys simple wash your face. You can use it 2-3 times a week or a few times a year. The tube costs about $5 and last for a really long time.












4.Sephora Opi Nail Polish
    I enjoy painting my nails. It is something really easy that always makes me feel like a million bucks. I notice I stare at my hands more when I have my nails painted, but I am really picky about polish chipping or any snags. With my old cheapier polish I would have to take it off as soon as I had done it, because it would not last. Then during a trip to Sephora I found the nail polish series- OPI by Sephora. I have 3 of the colors in that series and LOVE them all! It goes on really well, and lasts for days. It is great! the colors and really beautiful and the names are so fun. If you go to sephora you can even try them on to test if you will like it. The colors I have are Rock his World ( my newest- which is a gorgeous maroon color- perfect for fall, a purple color  (forgot the name, but it was great for summer) and my FAVORITE a color called Metro Chic which is a grey. There is a picture of it below. It is a pretty neutral color and very fun. The cost of a bottle is $9, and it is WELL worth it! The bottle lasts a long time and the color actually stays on which means you don't have to redo them a million times.
   



5.Tresemme Fresh Start Frizz Control Creme
    I love everything from the Treseme new line of Fresh start products. My favorite is the Frizz control creme- it smells wonderful and makes my heart soft and frizz free. I apply it to my hair when wet and it dries very nicely. They also have waterless shampoos that are great. I have one for curly hair. I use it at the end of the day if my hair starts to get flat from a hard day-- you take a couple of pumps and apply it to the roots. It perks your hair up and smells like citrus. There is another frizz control spray by Tresemme that is nice as well. My friend Jessica used it and instantly noticed how soft her hair was. Each of these products is less than $5. 













6. A BIG happy smile
    The best advice to look great is to wear a big happy smile. It instantly makes you look younger, healthier, and more approachable. The musical Annie said it best in the song- You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile. So, enjoy the video and I hope you liked this installment of: Atan's Guide To Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment