Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 28:A salute to the wobs!

I recently came across this poem by Holly Bass and it summed up my feelings about my best friends in college... I took her ideas and ran with it. Here is my salute to my Best pals and Friend Soul Mates the WOBS!



Here's to:

All those times we laughed so hard we cried
All those times we talked for hours about nothing and everything


All those times we sat in silence and it was OK


All those times we danced when one of us had a bad day.


All those times we went to your weddings! Or were in your wedding!


All those times I needed you there for me and you were, no matter what


All those times we went to Hong Kong Inn and Andy's


All those times we listened to Sexy Back!


All those times I could tell you anything!


All those times we went crazy


All those times we inspired each other not to do homework


All those times I  talked you guys into doing crazy things :)


All those times we got frustrated with each other, yet loved each other anyways


All those times we took pictures of yourselves wearing moustaches


All those times we made reasons to have a party and dance


All those times we watched movies or Conan in Meagan and Jessica's room


All those times we told people that Jessica was engaged


All those times we could vent to each other


All those times that we watched 'What not to wear and ate ice cream with peanut butter during our lunch dates


All those times we had inside jokes that make no sense to anyone else


All those times I we went to the Japanese Festival


All those times we gave people nicknames


All those times we dressed up for weird reasons and ran around campus


All those times we watched Meagan eat random food with chopsticks

All those times we yelled BENNY FRANKS or MAYBE down the hallway


All those times we would have to go out and eat after an terrible meal at the caf.


All those times we had WOB parties and gave each other underwear and bizarre gifts


All those times we wished we didn't have to leave one another
 
To my dearest WOBS-- I have so many great memories with you all. I thank God every day that he brought you each into my life. I know that I am my best when I am with you. With you all I can be fearless, ridiculous, vulnerable, and happy. Now, as we get older, get married, and move on with our lives I want you to know that you are always in my heart and on my mind. I constantly see things that make me think of you and all of the wonderful/ridiculous moments we shared. I can't wait to see you all again so I am taking this moment to reveal my new plan-- I am planning to see a WOB a month for the rest of the year. So, ladies lets get in touch and give me a preference of a month. I can't wait to see you all!
 
ASH

4 comments:

  1. This made my day Chancellor Mitzy ;) I miss all of you girls! What amazing times we had and memories we made. And thanks for reminding me that the fun isn't over yet. I can't wait til we have minireunions for the rest of our lives. Come see me whenever you want to :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made my day too! And I really needed this today! I know I was an adopted WOB as I had pretty much already graduated before this started...but I'm glad you guys let me in! I have so much fun whenever we hang out and I can't wait to do it again soon! Love you all! Shirley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have actually cried reading this! I needed to read this today and you have no idea how it has helped. You girls mean so much to me and I hope that even though I don't stay in contact as well as I should, I love you all and I really do think about you all the time! I can't wait for our future adventures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mentally flashed through so many great memories as I was reading that. And I officially apologize for all the times I tried to rain on your "doing crazy things" parade. I'm afraid I'm only like 95% wob. But hey, a little bit is better than nothing. I hope your wob reunion tour has an international component :)

    ReplyDelete